A Blog Hop...cool what is it?

It's BLOG HOP time!
by petra ortiz 12 19 2012

I’m very happy and excited to have been asked to partcipate in a blog hop, even though I had no idea what it was... A blog hop is a way to introduce readers to new authors and their books.

The way it works is an author tags 'you' and then you tag five other authors for the following week.

So, here I am--tagged!

I have to answer 10 questions (as you can see below) and then I provide a link to my book.

 I also link to the person who tagged me. In this case, thanks to Lanie Dills Publishing for tagging me. I have enjoyed learning about their latest book: "Abundance Is For You Too: Experience an abundant life in 5 simple steps"  

At the end of this post I’ve listed five new authors for the upcoming Blog Hop. Take a moment to visit each of their blogs, and see what they are currently writing about.

This is such an exciting and wonderful idea--I am ready to do more blog hops. :)

HERE ARE THE TEN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS WITH MY ANSWERS:

1. What is the working title of your book?

My book is titled How to find a Midwife and Doula, in the pursuit of a more natural childbirth experience.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

This is the second time I've been in a half-awake state when an idea for a book 'hits' me: interview midwives and doulas, so that more pregnant people, who are considering hiring one or both--will have their top questions answered 'before' actually interviewing and ultimately hiring one [or both].

I chose to hire a midwife for each of my own pregnancies, and I honestly believe that if I didn't have one especially during labour, I would probably have been more stressed about being in actual labour, and perhaps even in more pain. I prefer to give birth at home, with a midwife by my side, and a doula [especially for the help I need immediately afterwards] for support.

I interviewed some wonderful people in the field, whittled down to a few really awesome midwives and doulas, and their answers are there in the book-to help anyone who is looking to have a more natural childbirth experience. I also wanted to give extra information and support to 'Dads' so I devote two chapters just for them. One of the chapters practically guarantees that Dad will look like an absolute HERO 'forever'. Crazy huh?

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Non-Fiction – Women's Health – Pregnancy & Chilbirth

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Well first of all, I'd want it to be a comedy. And I believe Sigourney Weaver would make an awesome more 'mature' midwife, while Sean Young would make a cute [and perhaps bumbling] doula and sidekick.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

The top questions and answers straight from Midwives and Doulas, before you choose to hire one preferably both, in the pursuit of a more natural childbirth experience.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

My book is self-published on Amazon Kindle [ebook], Barnes & Noble [ebook], iBookstore [ebook], Amazon CreateSpace [paperback] in a black & white version, and a full colour version.  One of the doulas is also a professional photographer and several of his lovely photographs grace the pages of this book.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Well let's see: beginning the morning of the half-awake dream/idea--I immediately got up from my bed and wrote down as much as I could, of the how/what/when/where/why, to actual publish date, approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

I write more about that weird experience here

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can't compare it to others because I don't know of any books that include mainly interviews of midwives and doulas.   But in this book we (myself and one of the Doula/contributing authors) reference:

Henci Goer's The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth,
Robert Bradley's Husband-Coached Childbirth,
and Elaine Petrone's The Miracle Ball Method for Pregnancy: Relieve Back Pain, Ease Labor, Reduce Stress, Regain a Flat Belly.

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?

Spiritual Guidance

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

One thing that jumps out at me, and I have noticed some reviewers of my book also mention this: reasons why one should NOT have their water broken prematurely.

Two, the special section I created for Dads and or Partners, that helps them to offer the best support, at the most appropriate times, for Mom. So much so, that Dad will be looked upon as a hero forever. :)

OK, thanks for reading, and thank you Lanie Dills Publishing at http://laniedillspublishing.com for the invite to participate! I enjoy learning about all of your very [I must say this] exciting, titillating and intriguing titles, and look forward to your Abundance book

Here is one of my book trailers:

 


Take a moment to share, tweet, and or email this post, and do explore the current works of these amazing authors--it will be time well spent:

Watch next week for these new authors who will be joining the Blog Hop:

S.E. Gregg has written The Christian Olympics-Going for the Gold Crowns. The Apostle Paul’s references to the Ancient Greek Games, for the Christians of his day, was the best analogy to use to show how to finish the race of faith, and this book explores these analogies, and how they relate to the life of Christians today. http://www.christianolympics.blogspot.com  

Kathy Cane has created  Jimmy's Gone Green picture book, which teaches kids the meaning of 'going green' via ten simple steps. It includes playful rhymes, colourful illustrations, and is great for beginning readers. 

Barbara Miller's bestseller You Lost Your Marriage Not Your Life, How to Create the Life You Want Your Way  is a self-help book for women who have experienced the pain and loss of their marriages through divorce.

You won’t want to miss reading about these exciting authors and their current projects. They will be joining the Blog Hop next Wednesday, December 26th 2012 so be sure to check them out then.


cheers,
Petra

Comments